AN OUTSTANDING GLOBAL EDUCATION
ES International School is an independent, coeducational, American Elementary School (1st-5th grade), Middle School (6th-8th grade) and Senior High School (9th-12th grade). Its objective is to provide its students with an excellent academic experience
that prepares them for future university studies.
ES International School is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate (IB)
Primary Years Programme (PYP) and is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
All students receive individual attention,
close academic guidance and personal counseling, in order to ensure both the acquisition of academic competencies and the development of individual strengths and talents.
Students follow an American academic program,
but also benefit from the multitude of cultures offered by their teachers and fellow students.
MAIN FEATURES OF THE SCHOOL
Located directly on the world-class campus
of the Academy Sánchez-Casal: The ES International School is located directly on the world-class campus of the Academy, with its emphasis on intensive tennis training and physical/mental conditioning. Sports are an essential part of the curriculum. The total education experience of the student-athlete is not only based on technical, tactical, and physical and mental training, but also includes a solid academic and social foundation. The combined ASC/ES curriculum encourages active participation, a healthy lifestyle, and an enjoyable athletic and academic atmosphere.College or professional tennis
: The Academy Sánchez-Casal, in conjunction with ES International School, offers players who dream of playing either college or professional tennis, the possibility of completing an American educational program, while engaging in intensive training on campus.Fully compatible
: The school program is offered in a format that makes it fully compatible with a student's tennis training without undermining academic quality. The program requires students to complete at least their Senior Year, or twelfth grade, of the American secondary education system in order to graduate and earn their high school diploma. For further information about which universities ASC graduates have attended, see College Tennis.
: Students at the ES International School’s Florida campus experience the following benefits:
- A highly qualified, dedicated faculty.
- A 6:1 student-to-teacher ratio (maximum class size: ten students per class).
- A nurturing academic environment, where plenty of individual attention is given to each student, and where students, as active learners, are engaged in frequent subject-related and cross-curricular individual and team projects.
- The curricular emphasis on strengthening students’ oral and written language skills, including a focus on the acquisition of critical reading skills through frequently assigned readings from major literary works.
- A school culture that promotes and celebrates diversity and individuality.
- An experienced faculty, who understand the unique challenges international students face in the American school system, and who know how to meet those students’ unique academic needs.
The academic year is divided into two semesters:
School is in session from Monday through Friday, with six forty-five-minutes classes per day. Two energy points (where healthy snacks are provided) are incorporated into the daily school schedule to help student athletes maintain their energy levels throughout the day.
- Fall Semester (approximately August 18 to December 19)
- Spring Semester (approximately January 7 to June 10)
ES International School holds dual accreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools—Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA—CESS) and the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA), and is authorized to award high school diplomas by the State of Florida.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ACADEMIC PROGRAM
The middle school program encompasses grades 6–8.
Promotion from middle school to high school requires that a student successfully complete 18 credits, which must include the following:
- Three middle school or higher courses in English,
- Three middle school or higher courses in Mathematics,
- Three middle school or higher courses in Science,
- Three middle school or higher courses in Social Studies,
- Six elective courses, chosen based on a student’s area(s) of interest.
Note. Students participating in Academy Sánchez-Casal’s intensive annual tennis and fitness program also receive 0.25 Physical Education (PE) credits per semester.
The high school program encompasses grades 9–12. Receipt of a high school diploma requires successful completion of 24 credits and a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0. The 24 credits required for high school graduation must include the following:
- Four credits in English,
- Four credits in Mathematics (Algebra 1 required),
- Four credits in Science (Biology with Lab required)
- Four credits in Social Science (American History required),
- Two credits in Foreign Languages (2 years of one foreign language required),
- Five credits in Electives,
- One credit in Physical Education.
Note. Students participating in Academia Sánchez-Casal Tennis + School and U12 Tennis + School programs will also receive 0.25 Physical Education (PE) credits per semester. Thus, most ESIS students typically exceed the minimum 24 credits required for high school graduation.
LANGUAGE PROGRAM (For programs without school)
The Language Program offers the possibility of combining weekly, monthly, and annual tennis programs with Spanish or English as a Second Language (ESL) courses on the ASC campus.
The language program involves students in a process of linguistic communication and intensive practice of the four basic elements of language education: oral, comprehension, written, and reading proficiency.
Students requiring additional help in a subject area may sign up for private one-on-one tutorials.
The availability of private tutorials depends on teacher availability. For information about tutorial fees, please contact ES International School.